Package for Statistical Computing
R is an open source language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. The project link is www.r-project.org R is an integrated suite of software facilities for data manipulation, calculation and graphical display. It includes:
- Effective data handling and storage facility;
- A suite of operators for calculations on arrays, in particular matrices;
- Large, coherent, integrated collection of intermediate tools for data analysis;
- Graphical facilities for data analysis and display either on-screen or on hardcopy;
- Well-developed, simple and effective programming language;
- Ability to run scripts; and
- Validated through extensive use by a very large worldwide user community.
VODCA gives the possibility to very simply run scripts or to develop scripts using your knowledge in statistics and modelling.